BLT (Best Little Tomato) Dip Mix
# 513 - $8.95 (2 mixes)
BLT Pork Chops - A Bonus Meal Recipe!
You will need:
1 package of BLT Dip Mix
12 ounces of cream cheese
8 pork chops (or use boneless chicken breasts)
1/2 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 Tbs. butter
- Make the BLT Dip Mix according to directions for the Cheese Ball using the 12 oz. of cream cheese. (Or make this a Bonus Meal and use the BLT Dip left from a party.)
- The BLT Dip will keep for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Put the oil and butter into a frying pan that can go into a 350 degree oven.
- Heat the frying pan on top of the stove. When the pan is hot, add the pork chops, a few at a time, and brown lightly on each side. (This will sear the chops to hold in the juices)
- When all chops are browned, put all the chops back into the frying pan, topping each with a spoonful of BLT Dip, cover the pan and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- The Dip will become a "sauce" and season the chops nicely. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Vary this recipe according to how many people you need to feed. You can cook for one or eight using this basic recipe! This is a true Bonus Meal!
Bonus Meals are Taste of Gourmet's way of using what USED to be called "leftovers!" You simply take something already cooked or prepared that is in your refrigerator and use it to create a NEW entirely different and delicious meal!
Check out the Suppers made Simple pages on the Home Page for more recipes and great ideas for "making your life easier and your meals more delicious!"
BLT Cheese Ball
You will need:
1 package BLT Dip Mix
12 oz. cream cheese at room temp
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 fresh tomato, diced and drained (for garnish) or halved grape tomatoes
- In a large bowl, place the cream cheese and the BLT Dip Mix and mix them well.
- Add the grated cheese and mix that in thoroughly.
- The longer you mix the cheese ball, the creamier it will be ‚ the cheeses almost melt into each other!
- Put the cheese mixture onto plastic wrap and gently form the cheese into a ball, or press into a plastic wrap lined mold.
- Place the BLT Ball on the serving plate with the tomato pieces on top for garnish and serve with crackers.
- You can make the Cheese Ball 2 to 3 weeks ahead!