Great Grilling Marinade
# 517 - $9.95
St. Jude Product of the Month for June
Taste of Gourmet's Great Grilling Marinade is wonderful with pork chops, steaks, chicken, shrimp or scallops - cooked on the grill or on top of the stove. The secret is to use only a SMALL amount of the Marinade, because its flavor is intense!
Great Grilling Salmon with Deliciously Dill Sauce
Rub the salmon very lightly with Sassy Seasoning and put on the grill. About half-way through cooking, baste with Great Grilling Marinade and again at the end of cooking. Serve with Deliciously Dill Dip made with low fat Sour Cream and Olive Oil Mayonnaise for a healthier dip.
Chicken Stir Fry with Fried Rice
1 lb. chicken tenders (cut in bite size pieces)
2 1/2 Tbsp. Great Grilling Marinade
1 cup frozen veggies
2 cups prepared rice
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 eggs - mixed well with a fork
Jezebel Sauce for dipping Slice beef in long thin strips. Stir the eggs into the hot pan , breaking up the egg as it cooks.
- Marinate chicken pieces for 1 hour in plastic bag using 2 Tbsp. Marinade. Shake every now and then.
- Cook chicken (with Marinade) until done and set aside.
- Cook veggies in Microwave (following directions) Drain and set aside.
- Add the cooked rice and 1/2 Tbsp. Marinade and continue to stir. If it looks too dry add a touch more marinade.
- Add chicken and veggies and continue to stir until well coated.
Serve hot to some happy eaters.
This recipe was sent to us by Judy Line, Consultant from Pennsylvania! A great alternative to Chinese Take Out!
Great Grilling Chicken Salad Served at The Crown
1/4 cup Great Grilling Marinade
4 or 5 chicken breasts, cut into strips
Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onion and Feta or Parmesan Cheese
Sweet Vidalia Onion Viniagrette
Marinate chicken strips for 30 minutes (or up to 3 days)
In a hot, dry (or lightly oiled) heavy skillet, saute the pieces of chicken
until they are done.
Put together the salad on each plate, top with cheese, etc.
Place strips on top of the salad. Add dressing and enjoy!
Seasoned, cooked strips will keep for several days to enjoy a salad later in the week!
Beef Pepper Steak
1 beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
1/2 cup Great Grilling Marinade
1 onion sliced
2 green bell peppers sliced
2 level Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
- Slice beef in long thin strips.
- Saute beef, peppers and onion in non-stick skillet on medium for just 3 minutes.
- Add Great Grilling Marinade, stir, cover pan, reduce heat to low.
- Cook for about an hour until beef is tender.
- When ready to serve, mix water and cornstarch. Slowly stir into pan to thicken sauce.
- Serve the Pepper Steak over rice, boiled white potatoes or noodles. Keeps extremely well refrigerated and will freeze nicely.
Great Grilling Chicken Drumettes
1 bottle Great Grilling Marinade
Chicken drumettes or wings
Cook the drumettes several hours ahead of the party and heat them gently in the oven before serving. Pile onto a platter and sprinkle with fresh parsley, cilantro or finely chopped green onions.
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp. Great Grilling Marinade
Wooden skewers‚ soaked overnight in water
- Cut the chicken breast lengthwise into 2 or 3 long strips.
- Let chicken marinate at least overnight, but 2 or 3 days will make it wonderful!
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Lay in flat dish with Marinade until ready to cook.
- Grill or broil until chicken is just done, do not overcook!
- Protect skewers from direct heat with foil.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of 1 Tbsp. Marinade and toasted sesame seeds.
Great Grilling Meatballs
1 lb. meatballs, frozen prepared
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup Great Grilling Marinade
1/4 cup water
Juice of two lemons
Brown meatballs in olive oil over medium heat.
Add Marinade and cook, stirring and shaking skillet for about 2 minutes.
Add water and continue to stir and shake until juices are well mixed and meatballs are heated through.
Remove from stove, squeeze lemons over meatballs and serve immediately.
Serve over rice with all the juices, or with as an appetizer with toothpicks.