East Indian Curry
# 415 - $9.95
Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
4 to 5 cups East Indian Curry prepared with chicken (about half the recipe)
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 can (8 oz) mushroom pieces, drained
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained (optional)
1/2 cup slivered almonds, cashews or pecans
To freeze prepared Caserole: Wrap tightly and freeze until needed. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Add nut topping and bake until bubbly.
- Place prepared Chicken Curry in large bowl and dice or shred chicken.
- Add rest of ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into buttered baking dish (2-3 quarts).
- Note: Casserole can be held at this point for three days refrigerated, or it can be frozen.
- When ready to serve, top with slivered almonds, cashews or pecans.
- Bake until bubbly - 35 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees.