#508 - $9.95
You will need:
1 to 2 lb.s fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 to 1 stick of butter (extra butter is always good)
2 Tablespoons of Chipotle Sauce
Melt butter in skillet
Add 1 Tbsp. Chipotle Sauce and stir.
Add shrimp and cook while stirring and shaking the pan until shrimp are pink and done. (2 to 3 min...do not overcook.)
Add the other Tbsp. Chipotle, stir and serve immediately over pasta or rice with all the juices.
Chipotle Pecan Cheese Ball
You will need:
16 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. Cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons of Chipotle Sauce
1 teaspoon of green onion finely chopped
Chopped pecans to cover or decorate the cheese ball (optional)
- Mix the first three ingredients thoroughly.
- Roll in the chopped pecans - if desired.
It is fabulous just plain. The cheese ball will hold refrigerated, without the pecans, for up to two weeks.
Chipotle Cheese Rollups
You will need:
Chipotle Cheese Ball from above without pecans
- Spread Cheese Ball mixture on tortillas, right to the edge.
- Roll tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Cut in pieces to serve. Add small dish of Chipotle Sauce or Suddenly Salsa for dipping.
Chipotle Pork Roast
You will need:
4 to 5 lbs. pork loin
2 Tbsp. Chipotle Sauce
1 fresh lemon or lime, juiced
- Pat roast dry, rub with Chipotle Sauce and lemon juice.
- Marinate up to 2 days, then grill. Or oven roast uncovered at 500 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350, cook for 45 more minutes or until done.
- Slice and serve with juices and Cranberry Chutney
Chipotle Cheese Quesadillas
1 jar of Chipotle Sauce
Cheddar Cheese, grated
Mozzarella Cheese grated
1 or 2 packages of flour tortillas
Onion finely chopped (optional)
Ripe Tomatoes finely chopped (optional)
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl.
- Lay one tortilla flat on a working surface.
- Spread with a 1/2 teaspoon of Chipotle Sauce. Use more or less to taste.
- Spread to the edge of the tortilla. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on to the tortilla.
- Add a little bit of onion and tomato if you choose.
- Put another tortilla on top. Cover with a cloth and start on another quesadilla.
When ready to eat, put the quesadilla on a very lightly oiled pan or griddle and toast lightly on each side to melt the cheese - turning very carefully. Serve hot on a plate, cut into slices like a pizza with Suddenly Salsa on the top!
Cha Cha Cheese Strata
6 slices bread, crusts removed
8 ounces, finely grated mild or sharp cheddar cheese (Low Fat)
1 (12 oz) can evaporated skim milk
1/2 cup skim milk
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon Dijon or Honey Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Sassy Seasoning Salt
2 teaspoons Chipotle Sauce
1/2 cup Suddenly Salsa
- Lightly spray a 10 x 6 baking dish with non stick spray.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place half the bread cubes in the dish and top with half the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layering the bread and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, blend together remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the bread and cheese layers.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove plastic cover and bake the strata for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with Suddenly Salsa on the side.
from Jeanetta Phinney, New Orleans, Louisiana
Note: Jeanetta has made this recipe Heart Healthy and delicious!
Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Red Bell Peppers
6 large red bell peppers
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
6 boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
6 teaspoons Chimmi Sauce (or Chipotle Sauce-very hot)
2 tablespoons butter cut into 6 pieces
6 tablespoons chicken broth (or white wine)
- Cut the stems out of the peppers and remove the seeds and ribs, but leaving the peppers whole.
- Rub the inside of each pepper well with a little oil and set aside.
- Lay the chicken breasts on a cutting board and pound them very lightly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper lightly and then rub the inside of each one with one teaspoon of Chimmi Sauce (or 1/2 teaspoon of Chipotle Sauce)
- Carefully stuff one chicken breast into each of the red peppers.
- Put the butter right on top with the tablespoon of chicken broth (or white wine). You can do this several hours ahead and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Baste with pan juices as you serve.
Mexican Corn Bread
1 cup white self-rising cornmeal
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar)
1 can whole kernel corn drained
1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
1/2 cup Chipotle Sauce
2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil in a 9 inch cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, mix the Chipotle Sauce and everything else in the recipe
- Stir well and pour into hot skillet (or a well greased baking dish using oil.)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
This is just heavenly served with the Southwest Soup or Black Bean Chili before (or after) the football game!
Country Pork Ribs with Lime Chipotle Sauce
2 to 3 racks of country style pork ribs
Juice of 2 fresh limes
1/4 to 1/2 cup of Chipotle Sauce
- The day before you plan to eat the ribs, put them on to marinate. Put the ribs in a shallow dish and squeeze the fresh limes over the ribs, rubbing the juice into the cut pieces between the bones.
- Drizzle the Chipotle Sauce over the ribs and rub it into the meat well. Use enough sauce to be sure that the meat has been rubbed thoroughly. Let the meat soak in the mixture for at least 24 hours. Longer will be even better!
- Turn the meat once or twice, rubbing the marinade into the meat each time. Take the meat out of the refrigerator 2 hours early.
Grilling method: Cook the ribs slowly, capturing the juices if possible to baste over the ribs as they cook! Use any marinade left in the dish for a last minute basting before you take the ribs from the grill.
Oven method: Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Place the ribs in the oven in an uncovered pan and cook for 20 minutes. Turn the oven down to 350. Baste the meat with the juices and continue to cook for another 45 minutes (or until done.) Baste with the Chipotle Sauce juices and serve!
4 servings of chicken - breasts, thighs, quarters, etc
1 cup grated smoked Swiss cheese (or plain Swiss)
2 to 3 tablespoons Chipotle Sauce
2 Tablespoons of milk
Mix cheese, Chipotle Sauce and milk.
Pour mixture over chicken, cover and bake at 350 degrees until done, 30 to 45 minutes
Hot Chili Cheese Dip
1 package Black Bean Chili
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)
3 cups water
1 lb. Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 can evaporated milk (13 oz.)
1 to 2 teaspoons Chipotle Sauce
Make Chili according to directions on package (use meat if you choose.)
Add cheese, milk and simmer until cheese is melted.
Add Chipotle for more heat and the good smoky flavor of the sauce.
Dip will refrigerate for a week.
Serve with corn chips as an appetizer. Or make Super Nachos by pouring Chili Dip over tortilla chips, chopped tomato and lettuce!