#516 - $9.95
1/2 cup Jezebel Sauce
1 envelope gelatin
12 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup cold water
4 oz. butter
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- Mix cream cheese, butter and sour cream in a mixer.
- Add Jezebel Sauce and mix well.
- Soften gelatin in the 1/4 cup of water and then dissolve the gelatin by holding it over very hot water.
- Add the gelatin to the cheese mixture and stir. Then add raisins and almonds.
- Put into a mold that has been very lightly oiled and refrigerate. Jezebel's Delight will freeze perfectly, so double it and be ready for two parties! Serve with crackers.
Ham Bites Dipped in Jezebel Sauce and Sesame Seeds
1 jar of Jezebel Sauce
1 cup of sesame seeds, toasted
bite size pieces of ham (or very lean cooked roast pork) toothpicks
- Cut your ham into small pieces and put each onto a toothpick.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a baking pan and toast in a 300 degree oven for about 15 minutes. (You can keep the toasted sesame seeds tightly covered for months.)
- The day of the party, dip the end of each piece of ham into the Jezebel Sauce and then immediately into the toasted sesame seeds.
- Set the bites onto your serving platter that has been lightly sprinkled with sesame seeds and cover until ready to serve.
A super easy variation of this is to put the cut pieces of ham directly onto the serving platter with a bowl of toothpicks, a bowl of Jezebel Sauce and a bowl of sesame seeds, and let everyone do their own! Just garnish your platter nicely with parsley around the bowls and enjoy your party!
Jezebel's Potato Salad
16 to 20 small new red potatoes
1 tsp. salt
1 jar Jezebel Sauce
6 green onions, chopped
- Place the clean new potatoes in a pot of water deep enough to cover the potatoes. Do not peel the potatoes.
- Add the salt.
- Bring the water to a boil and let it continue to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and let the potatoes cool in the water.
- Drain the potatoes and let them dry before placing them in a bowl.
- Add the green onions and half of the Jezebel Sauce.
- Toss the salad gently to lightly coat the potatoes.
- Taste a bit and add more Jezebel if desired. Make a day ahead and refrigerate.
Jezebel'd Eggs (or Stuffed or Deviled Eggs)
10 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons Jezebel Sauce
1/4 tsp. Sassy Seasoning Salt (optional) or table salt
- Cut eggs in half - lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Fill egg white halves and refrigerate until 1/2 hour before serving
- Garnish with a tiny bit of Sassy Seasoning Salt (or paprika)
Craving Calzone (Stuffed Bread) Makes 2 - serves 8 plus
1 pkg. Bayou Beer Bread (Tomato Basil or Roasted Onion Garlic also works well)
12 ounces room temperature beer, Sprite or club soda
1 lb. ground beef or sausage meat
1 onion chopped
2 Tbsp. Jezebel Sauce (or Cranberry Chutney)
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook meat, remove from skillet and drain excess fat.
Add onion and cook until soft. Add Jezebel and stir to coat and caramelize. Return meat to skillet and stir.
Spray two 8 or 9 inch cake pans.
Mix Bayou Beer Bread as directed on package. Spoon some mixture into pans, covering bottoms with dough.
Divide meat mixture between the pans, leaving an inch of dough around edge.
Spoon remaining bread dough into pans, covering meat mixture as fully as possible.
Bake immediately for about 25 min. Serve hot.