Praline Pecan Tarts
1 box of Southern Praline Pie
1 stick of margarine or butter (4 oz.)
1 cup of pecans, chopped
1 package of 8 tart shells from the grocery store
- Prepare the Praline Pie according to directions on the box.
- Mix in the pecans and pour into the individual tart shells, dividing evenly between the 6 or 8 shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes until done.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
Praline Pecan Pie
1 box of Southern Praline Pie Mix
1 stick of butter or margarine
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 to 1 cup of pecans chopped or whole
1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow the directions on the box of the Southern Praline Pie Mix.
- Add the eggs and butter as directed.
- Stir in the milk and pecans and pour into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream - or serve cold and it still tastes so good you won't believe it was so easy!
Caramel Apple Pie
1 box Southern Praline Pie Mix
1 cup of peeled chopped apple
1 stick butter or margarine
Melt the butter.
Add pie mix and eggs.
Stir, then add the chopped apples and fold into the pie mixture.
Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 for about 55 minutes.
Southern Praline Shortbread Bars
Lightly butter a 9 X 13 inch pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup confectioners sugar
¾ cup cold butter
In a food processor, add flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Process until mixture forms a ball. Pat into pan. Bake until edges are very lightly browned.
1 Southern Praline Pie Mix
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
Prepare pie mix according to directions. Pour into hot crust and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Filling will be set but may be a little loose in the middle. Do not over bake.
24 pecan halves (toasted if desired)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
3 tablespoons half and half or heavy cream
Place pecans on bars at equal intervals (for cutting). Place chocolate chips and cream in zip lock bag. Place in container of hot water and allow to sit (3-5 min.) until softened. Squeeze bag gently to mix well. Snip tiny bit off corner of bag and drizzle Topping over the pecans. Cool and cut into bars!
Add ½ cup coconut to pie mixture
Add ½ cup mini chocolate chips to pie mixture
Add 1 cup chopped pecans to pie mixture
Make chocolate crust by adding 1/4 cup cocoa (delete ¼ cup flour from crust mix)
Add 1 tablespoon bourbon to Topping!