Serve hot New Orleans Beef over rice. (Rice for 4-5 servings included in the mix.)
To cook rice: Bring 2 ¼ cups of water and ½ teaspoon salt to a boil. Add rice, bring back to boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes.
For Complete Meal: Add a green vegetable, glazed carrots, fresh spinach or green salad with hot Bayou Beer Bread served with Garlic Butter.
Meal Two – Bonus
Beef Steak and Mushroom Pie
Serves 4 to 6
2 cups prepared New Orleans Beef
1 can (8oz) sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas, vegetables or corn
½ cup beef broth (red wine or water)
1 box of Pillsbury All-ready Pie Crusts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place one crust in deep-dish pie plate or casserole, pressing it into place. Bake empty crust for 6 to 7 minutes.
- In bowl, mix beef, mushrooms, peas or frozen vegetables and broth.
- Pour into baked crust. Put second crust on top, pressing edges together.
- Drizzle one tablespoon milk over crust, spreading it around with your fingers or a brush. This makes a shiny crisp crust.
- Note: Pie can be frozen before baking. To serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator and bake as directed.
- Place in hot oven and bake for about 30 minutes until crust is brown and crisp. Serve hot!
Note: Pie can also be frozen after baking in individual slices or the entire pie. To serve, thaw and heat. Crust will be best if “crisped” in a hot oven for a few minutes.
For Complete Meal: Add a green vegetable, cabbage slaw tossed with Sweet Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette and hot Bayou Beer Bread.
Meal Three – Bonus
New Orleans Beef - Grillades
Thaw frozen New Orleans Beef overnight in refrigerator if possible. Heat and serve over grits like they enjoy it in New Orleans! (Or serve over noodles or rice or your favorite pasta.
Meal Four - Bonus
Thaw frozen New Orleans Beef and place in a baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes and a little grated Cheddar Cheese. Bake until heated through and enjoy every bite!
For Complete Meal: Add green beans and salad of tomatoes and cucumbers tossed in Sweet Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette.
ESPECIALLY FOR HUNTERS: Venison is absolutely wonderful using the New Orleans Beef. Use the 5 pounds of venison, and add 1 or 2 additional cups of beef broth as the meat cooks! Venison is very low in fat and has a fabulous flavor.