Tuscan Bean and Pasta Soup
#417 - $9.95
Pasta Fazool (American Restaurant Style)
1 package Tuscan Bean and Pasta Soup
1 lb. ground beef, cooked (or Italian Sausage, crumbled and cooked)
2 cups hot water
4 cups chicken broth
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
Tuscan Chicken Breast Bonus Meal using soup other people might call "leftovers"
2 or more bone-in chicken breasts
3/4 cup prepared Tuscan Bean Soup per chicken breast
Cooked linguini, angel hair, etc. For Complete Meal: Serve Tuscan chicken over cooked pasta with all the juices. Add buttered fresh asparagus and sliced tomatoes marinated in Sweet Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette with hot Tomato Basil Beer Bread.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place chicken into a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Pour soup over the chicken breasts.
- Roast in the hot oven for about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breast. You do NOT want to overcook the chicken!
- Follow directions on the package using these ingredients.
- Note: The change in tomatoes and water will make a tomato-based broth for the soup - very similar in flavor and appearance to the soup served in some of the popular Italian chain restaurants.